Once an order has shipped, our bookstore will send a shipping confirmation. In addition, there will be series of notifications from UPS or USPS when the shipment is processed, if there any exceptions along the way, and upon delivery.
Domestic time in transit for UPS Ground shipments can be found here (enter origin zip 05302). Ground shipment delivery dates are not guaranteed, but they are usually accurate.
General Shipping info
- Orders placed through the bookstore are shipped within 3-7 business days.
- All packages over 3 pounds will ship to physical addresses via UPS Ground.
- Packages 3 pounds or under will often ship via USPS Priority Mail, but also may ship UPS Ground.
- If your shipping destination is a PO Box, please choose USPS shipping option.
- Bookstore order processing ends at 2:30 PM EST. This is also the cutoff for same-day shipping on Express orders.
- For orders placed using “ground” shipping (Oak Meadow’s flat-rate shipping), Oak Meadow will ship via the most economical method, typically UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail.
- USPS Media Mail is not an available option because many items we sell do not qualify for that service. Delivery times can vary widely from a few days to several weeks. If you are ordering books or CDs only and would like to use Media Mail, please submit your order using standard ground shipping and add a note in the shipping instructions field to ship via that method. We will refund the difference when your order is shipped. Choosing Media Mail relieves Oak Meadow from any tracking or delivery responsibility.
- Oak Meadow will not use third-party shipping accounts for domestic or international shipping.
- For specific questions about shipping, call (802) 490-2042 or email Andy at email@example.com.
If you have an eBay order and a bookstore order on the same day, we will do our best to combine them and refund shipping if applicable.
- Priority orders ship in 1-3 days.
- Priority shipping does not mean shipment will go by Priority mail; it moves the order to the top of the list (under express orders), which speeds up processing time significantly. “Priority” packages are generally shipped via UPS to physical addresses, and shipping is upgraded to arrive at least one day faster than ground shipping. For example, priority orders to California will ship UPS 3-day select instead of ground, which is 5 business days. However, a priority order to Maryland, which is normally 2 days in transit, won’t upgrade to overnight shipping.
- Priority orders to PO Boxes ship via Priority Mail.
- Express orders are shipped within 24 hours and will ship via UPS Next Day Air (Next Day Air Saver where available) to physical addresses, or Express Mail to PO Boxes (1-2 Day delivery, varies by location).
- Order cutoff is 2:30 PM EST for same day shipping.
Please email purchase orders to Terry Emond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase orders usually ship in 1-3 business days and, unless otherwise specified, will ship complete via UPS Ground. PO’s from Alaska will ship via Priority Mail unless otherwise specified. We will advise the purchaser of any delays in excess of 5 business days to ship. Institutions submitting purchase orders are subject to all shipping charges.
Orders placed to FPO, DPO, AP, AE, AA addresses ship via USPS Priority Mail. Please provide the zip + 4 in your address. Time in transit can range from 2-5 weeks but is not guaranteed. Please contact the military postmaster for tracking after USPS hands it off. Express Mail service is not an option. For more information about how to request a military discount, click here.
- We must have a local name and phone number for the ship-to address for customs documents. Using a name other than the recipient may cause the package to be held up in customs. Using a non-local phone number may cause delays (this includes cell phones not based in the destination country).
- For orders shipping via USPS Priority of Express Mail, tracking is not guaranteed outside the United States.
- Customers choosing UPS Worldwide Saver or Worldwide Expedited, while more expensive, will have access to door-to-door tracking information and specific delivery dates. Delivery to most countries is 2-4 business days.
- USPS Priority Mail arrives in 6-10 business days. USPS Express Mail arrives in 3-5 business days. (Per USPS, these delivery times are based on shipments to major markets. Actual transit time may vary based on destination.)
- Orders under 4 pounds are eligible for USPS First Class Package Service; however, we cannot offer this on our bookstore checkout screen. Please put a note in the shipping instructions field if you wish to have your order evaluated for this service. Time-in-transit estimates are not provided, and there is no tracking once it leaves the United States. Oak Meadow is not responsible for any lost or damaged items shipped via this method.
- DHL is available to countries where other services are unreliable or not available. Please contact Andy at email@example.com for a shipping quote. You will need to provide your full address for the quote, as well as the list of items you will be ordering.
Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties, and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
Curriculum Returns or Damaged Items
See the Returns Page for more information about returns. Soprano Recorders, CDs, and DVDs are not refundable.
Damaged or missing items must be reported by phone at 802-490-2042 or by email to Andy Lobenstine at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 business days of receipt of materials. Please do not discard the packaging, packing material, or the merchandise. We may request photos. The carrier may want to inspect the damaged items and the way it was packed if we file a claim. At our discretion, we may send a UPS call tag to retrieve the damaged items when they are replaced.