The following materials are included with Kindergarten plus K-3 Essentials Package:
- Kindergarten Coursebook
- Kindergarten Resource Book
- Heart of Learning: provides important support and guidance for the homeschooling parent through a series of essays on the educational philosophy and learning principles behind the early grades of Oak Meadow. It includes information on child development as well as suggestions on how to develop your skills as a home teacher.
- OM Guide to Teaching the Early Grades: includes practical information on how to present the lesson material, as well as an extensive collection of songs, poems, and action verses that you'll be using through the early grades.
- OM Crafts for the Early Grades: includes all the instructions for crafts and projects.
- OM Circle Time CD: provides musical inspiration for your circle time, and includes all the songs listed in the OM Guide to Teaching the Early Grades
- Healthy Living from the Start: offers a wide range of activities around health-related topics. Each lesson includes a set of activities to choose from for each grade level, making it easy to use with children of different ages.
The Kindergarten Craft Kit, which can be purchased as a kit or as individual items, is not included in the Kindergarten package.
Grade Level Overview
View a sample of our Kindergarten curriculum here.
Oak Meadow’s Kindergarten curriculum reflects the openhearted and imaginative way that young children meet the world. A rich tradition of oral language and classic stories provides the backdrop for your child’s first exploration into the world of literacy. Each week students are immersed in a language-rich environment as they listen to stories, recite poetry, and learn new songs. Familiarity with individual letters is achieved through activities that engage the student artistically, physically, and musically. Emphasis is placed on integrating the sounds and shapes of each letter in preparation for Grade 1.
In Math, students are gently introduced to the world of numbers through play-based activities, crafts, and storytelling. Math skills are fostered through working with patterns, grouping and sorting, and learning to draw geometric shapes. Science, Arts & Crafts, Music & Movement, and Health round out the Kindergarten experience. Each week students participate in nature walks, watercolor painting, puppetry, storytelling, circle songs and games, cooking, gardening, movement activities, and imitative games. A healthy, nurturing rhythm of learning is established that will serve you and your child for years to come.
Projects, crafts, and activities through the year include:
- Leaf prints
- Flower pressing
- Sewing hand puppets
- Baking bread
- Making musical instruments
- Finger knitting
- Alphabet board
- Beeswax numbers
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Format: Product bundle
- Weight: 7.8 lbs