by Chip Wood
This comprehensive, user-friendly reference offers clear descriptions of children’s development from age 4 to age 14. A bestseller, now in its 4th edition, Yardsticks has helped countless teachers and administrators shape classrooms and schools where all children can succeed.
For each age, this book includes:
- Narrative description of developmental traits
- Charts summarizing physical, social, language, and cognitive growth patterns
- Suggestions for curricular areas: reading, writing, mathematics, and thematic units
- Favorite books for different ages
A practical resource on child development. Chip Wood has walked the walk as both teacher and principal. He knows children and he knows how to apply developmental principles sensibly and artfully. — Eric Schaps, Director, Developmental Studies Center
Yardsticks is one of four essential books for elementary teachers.
- Paperback Edition
- Publisher: Center for Responsive Schools Inc
- Publication date: January 1, 2018
- Pages: 168
- Product dimensions: 6.0(w) x 8.9(h)
- Item weight: 0.85 lbs