View samples of our Grade 6 curriculum here.
In Grade 6 English, students continue to develop their composition skills and knowledge of grammar constructs. An emphasis on organization and supporting ideas with textual evidence helps students gain clarity in their writing. Students are guided in note-taking skills, outlining, and source citations as well as revising, editing, and proofreading. Expository, descriptive, persuasive, and creative writing are all tied to the study of ancient civilizations. This course is intended to be used in conjunction with Grade 6 Ancient Civilizations.
Additional Materials Required:
The following literature selections are needed for this course (must be purchased separately or as part of the Grade 6 Package):
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths
- Rainbow People
- Maroo of the Winter Caves
- The Golden Bull: A Mesopotamian Adventure
- Once There Was, Twice There Wasn't: Fifty Turkish Folktales of Nasreddin Hodja
- The Eagle of the Ninth
- 1001 Inventions and Awesome Facts from Muslim Civilization
- Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess
- The Shakespeare Stealer
- The Ugly One
- Publisher: Oak Meadow, Inc.
- Version date: 2023
- Pages: 216
- Binding: Spiral bound
- Product dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches
- Item weight: 1.5 lbs