The curriculum emphasizes composition skills and helps students express themselves clearly and creatively in writing. Students continue to develop their grammar skills through a detailed study of sentence structure and common writing pitfalls. Books from diverse viewpoints and time periods help students gain perspective on the art of writing and writing as social commentary.
View samples of our Grade 8 curriculum here.
Additional materials required
The following reading selections and supplemental books are needed for this course (must be purchased separately):
- A Wrinkle in Time
- The Giver
- Moon Over Manifest
- Criss Cross
- Baseball in April and Other Stories
- Leave This Song Behind: Teen Poetry at Its Best
- 100 Ways to Improve your Composition and Creative Writing
- The Elements of Style
- Publisher: Oak Meadow, Inc.
- Publication date: August 2021
- Binding: Spiral bound
- Product dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches
- Weight: 0.85 lbs