The following materials are included with the digital sixth grade package:
- Ancient Civilizations - Digital
- English 6 - Digital
- Basic Life Science 6 - Digital
- Grade 6 Teacher Manual: Ancient Civilizations - Digital
- Grade 6 Teacher Manual: Basic Life Science - Digital
- Grade 6 Teacher Manual: English - Digital
Please note the sixth grade craft kit is NOT included in this package.
In English, grammar lessons and activities are woven into writing assignments and students expand their vocabulary and composition skills. Written work includes expository writing, citations, poetry, descriptive writing, and short stories. Students explore new ways to express themselves with clarity and personal style.
Oak Meadow’s sixth grade social studies curriculum focuses on ancient world civilizations, and provides the foundation for an integrated experience that weaves together the history, geography, literature, government, and art of ancient cultures. Students engage in critical and independent thinking by exploring opposing viewpoints and writing from the perspective of different cultures and time periods. Art explorations include sculpture, drawing, calligraphy, mosaics, marbling, costume making, and mask making.
In life science, students study plant cell division and reproduction, plant classification systems, invertebrates and vertebrates, animal life cycles, ecosystems, and the human body. Emphasis is placed on using the scientific method to help students analyze their findings and to make connections between the overarching themes of the course. Students develop skills in objective observation and accurate recording of data.
View samples of our Grade 6 curriculum here.
Projects, crafts, and activities throughout the year include:
- Write a research paper on Ancient Egypt
- Draw a freehand map of the world
- Interview a person from the Stone Age
- Compose an adventure for Robin Hood
- Make a miniature Renaissance fresco
- Make up math problems using the Mayan number system
- Research carnivorous plants
- Dissect flowers
The digital curriculum is for use on electronic devices and cannot be printed. Click here for more information about Oak Meadow's digital curriculum offerings.