Newly revised in 2017, Oak Meadow Grade 6 Math provides a rigorous course of math skills and concepts. Building on previous knowledge, the coursebook includes step-by-step explanations and examples designed to support the independent learner. Skill review lessons appear throughout the course, providing the opportunity for students to gain confidence and familiarity with the material. The accompanying math workbook includes all the practice worksheets and tests. Learning checklists at the end of each test encourage student reflection and self-assessment, and identify where extra help is needed. Regular mental math warm-up exercises help students develop a facility and flexibility with numbers. A wide variety of extra practice worksheets are included in the appendix of the math workbook, organized by skill to maximize study time and allow families to customize their learning experience. View samples of our Grade 6 curriculum here.
Topics covered in Grade 6 Math include:
- Using the four processes with fractions and mixed numbers
- Using the four processes with decimals
- Multiplying and dividing decimals by 10, 100, and 1,000
- Converting between percentages, fractions, and decimals
- Calculating percentages
- Measuring distance, weight, and volume
- Squares and square roots
- Perimeter, radius, diameter, and area
- Area of irregular shapes
- Equations with missing numbers
- Factors and prime numbers
- Order of operations
Materials in this course package:
A complete answer key is included in the workbook.