The curriculum emphasizes composition skills and helps students express themselves clearly and creatively in writing. Students continue to develop their grammar skills through a detailed study of sentence structure and common writing pitfalls. Books from diverse viewpoints and time periods help students gain perspective on the art of writing and writing as social commentary. View samples of our Grade 7 curriculum here.
Additional Materials Required
The following literature selections are needed for this course (must be purchased separately):
- A Single Shard
- Counting on Grace
- Brown Girl Dreaming
- Out of the Dust
- Aleutian Sparrow
- Esperanza Rising
- Shelf Life: Stories by the Book
- Catherine, Called Birdy
- Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War Two
- Poetry Speaks Who I Am: Poems of Discovery, Inspiration, Independence, and Everything Else... [With CD (Audio)]
This course is used in conjunction with 7th grade World History. While each course can be completed separately, it is recommended that they are taken together.
Grade 7 English Teacher Manual available separately.
- Publisher: Oak Meadow, Inc.
- Publication date: March 2021
- Pages: 200
- Binding: Spiral bound
- Product dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches