The following materials are included in the course package:
- Oak Meadow Integrated Health and Fitness Coursebook
- Health: Making Life Choices by Glencoe McGraw-Hill
- Human Anatomy Coloring Book, by Margaret Matt
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain, by John J. Ratey, M.D.
- In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto, by Michael Pollan
There is a teacher edition available for this course (sold separately).
Course Length: Full year
Grade Level: 9, 10, 11, 12
View samples of our high school curriculum here.
This course develops a foundation in anatomy and physiology. It emphasizes critical thinking skills necessary for discernment regarding various and often conflicting information presented in the media. The course incorporates cutting edge research in health science and includes a fitness component that fulfills one-half of the Oak Meadow physical education requirement. This comprehensive and pioneering course includes chapters on nutrition, wellness, disease prevention, substance use, sexuality, aging, healing, and alternative therapies. The course projects and activities are personal, creative, and meaningful to the high school student.
- Grade: High school
- Format: Product bundle
- Weight: 7.15