This course introduces painting in terms of color and design, and explores representational skills as well as non-representational and abstract elements. This course helps develop basic skills and creative thinking, and students are asked to explore their creative thoughts in a written journal, and to conduct self-evaluations. Using acrylics, students learn to paint still life, portraits, and landscapes, and to use texture, pattern, light, and color to create expressive paintings. Prerequisite Course: Oak Meadow Drawing and Design Course
The following books are included in the Painting Course Package:
Please note: At this time, there is no Teacher Manual available for this course.
The following materials are not included in the course and need to be purchased separately.
- Paints, acrylic or tempera (colors should include basic primary and secondary, plus black and white; add more colors if you wish)
- Brushes, soft tip, selection of several sizes
- Canvas pressed paper or canvas board
- Canvas (cloth) for stretching handmade canvases (4 stretched canvases total for the course)
- Stretchers (minimum of four to stretch one canvas) sizes to be determined by the student (two 16-inch and two 12-inch stretchers are recommended)
- Staple gun