This single-semester course is designed to provide a strong foundation of writing skills for high school, college, and career. The course offers multiple ways for students to develop as readers and writers. Students will study a variety of authors and practice different styles of writing and writing for different purposes. Extension revision instruction and practice is integrated throughout the course, letting each student find and refine their unique voice. Students will produce a long-term project focused on self-expression and compile a portfolio that demonstrates their skills and progression as a writer.
Course Length: One semester
Suggested Grade Level(s): 9, 10
View samples of our high school curriculum here.
Additional Materials Required
The following materials are used in this course and can be purchased separately:
- In Short: A Collection of Brief Creative Nonfiction (Norton)
- Write It Right: A Handbook for Student Writers (2nd Edition)
- Composition 1: The Writer's Craft Teacher Edition
- Publisher: Oak Meadow, Inc.
- Version date: July 2022
- Pages: 88
- Binding: Spiral bound
- Product dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches
- Item weight: 0.5 lbs