Think you can't get into a great college? Think again!
Are you hyper-intelligent? Self-directed? A late-bloomer? Or just different? Then you need a great school that will challenge, nurture, inspire, and motivate you - and Cool Colleges has got 'em. Fully revised since the first edition, Cool Colleges covers the most exciting schools in the U.S. and Canada, with a new chapter on eco schools, an update on tuition-free schools, and the total low-down on the so-called top-ranked schools. It will also give you the scoop on:
- What the Ivy League is and what it really wants
- Totally free schools, including one where financial need is a requirement for admission
- Universities that don't give grades
- Schools that don't want your SAT scores
- Data on the highest (and lowest) paying majors
- The schools that graduate the most millionaires
- Men's, women's and minority-focused colleges
- Schools where you can design your own degree program
- A college where you can hike and camp your way to a degree
- A college that runs its own ranch on an 80-square-mile campus
- Science and engineering schools where undergrads get their own labs
- The most competitive colleges, including one that rejects 95% of applicants
- Campuses where students love to study, even on Saturday nights
- Schools that offer programs in computer game studies, comedy, auctioneering, special-effects makeup, and more
- Plus a link to the Web addresses for every college and university in the United States and Canada.
Cool Colleges is the resource for finding your dream school-and gives you the edge you'll need to get accepted.