One of the two math options for 8th grade students, Teaching TextbooksPre-Algebra is designed specifically to guide homeschoolers and independent learners. This pre-algebra course provides a solid foundation for learning to use algebra effectively. It also provides a developmentally-supportive transition between middle-school math courses and high school math courses.
Topics covered include:
- Decimals and percentages
- Equations with multiple variables
- Rational expressions with variables
- Exponents and radicals
- Measuring area and volume of geometric figures
- Functions and graphing
- Statistic and probability
- Absolute value
Materials in this course:
- Pre-Algebra: A Teaching Textbook 2.0 Version (Teaching Textbooks 2011)
- Pre-Algebra Answer Key and Test Blank 2.0 (Teaching Textbooks 2011)
Teaching Textbooks offers accompanying CDs that include video lectures, interactive problems, and step-by-step solutions, which can be purchased separately at teachingtextbooks.com. The CDs are not required to complete this course but can provide extra support to students needing it.