One of the two math options for 8th grade students, Teaching Textbooks Algebra I is designed specifically to guide homeschoolers and independent learners. This algebra course provides a solid foundation in algebraic concepts and skills, and effectively prepares students for high school mathematics.
Topics covered include:
- Equations with multiple variables
- Equations with variables on both sides
- Rational expressions with variables
- Exponents and radicals
- Quadratic equations
- Graphing functions on a coordinate plane
- Rate of change and slope
- Systems of equations
- Inequalities with variables
Materials in this course:
- Algebra I: A Teaching Textbook 2.0 Version (Teaching Textbooks 2011)
- Algebra I Answer Key and Test Blank 2.0 (Teaching Textbooks 2011)
Teaching Textbooks offers accompanying CDs that include video lectures, interactive problems, and step-by-step solutions, which can be purchased separately at teachingtextbooks.com. The CDs are not required to complete this course but can provide extra support to students needing it.